- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Reduction)
- Brow Lift
- Face & Neck Lift
- Otoplasty (Prominent Ear Correction)
- Rhinoplasty (Nose Reshaping)
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TWO BREASTS CAN BE QUITE SUBSTANTIAL, CAUSING BOTH PHYSICAL IMBALANCE AND EMOTIONAL DISTRESS FOR THE PATIENT.
Although most women may experience asymmetry between their two breasts, if there is a large difference in regards to the shape, size or nipple height of each breast this may present a significant concern.
Breasts that appear different from one another can become noticeable as early as puberty, but may also become apparent as a result of:
- Breast feeding;
- Breast cancer surgery;
- Other breast disorders.
Corrective breast surgery is performed on one or both breasts to create two breasts that are as similar as possible in terms of size and shape. This is done in a number of ways:
- For women with well-shaped breasts a single sided breast augmentation may be used to match the larger breast, or a single sided reduction may be performed to match the smaller breast;
- For women who wish to increase the size of both their breasts, breast augmentation may be performed with different sized implants to correct the asymmetry;
- For women whose breasts are dramatically different in size, breast reduction may be performed on the larger breast, whilst breast augmentation may be performed on the smaller one;
- For women whose breasts are of similar in size but are different in shape or nipple position, a Mastopexy (breast lift) may be performed to balance the breasts.
If you feel self-conscious with regard to your unevenly sized breasts, contact Coastal Plastic Surgery to discuss your options.
Left breast reduction
Right breast enlargement